Reiki is a non-intrusive, gentle form of energy healing that is administered through a hands on or hands over the body practice.
- Reiki is a non harmful, non-intrusive and gentle form of energy healing that has no religious affiliation. Everyone can benefit from Reiki.
- It is an ancient healing art first documented in the Vedas and later rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese born Buddhist monk, some time during the mid-1800s.
- The word ‘Reiki’ is formed from two words: Rei (pronounced ‘Ray’ meaning the universal, limitless aspect of life-force, spiritual consciousness), and Ki (pronounced ‘Kee’ meaning the vital life-force that flows through all living beings).
- Reiki essentially uses the universal life-force energy to ‘re-charge’ the energy or life-force of our own body and promote our own natural ability to self-heal.
- It is a powerful method of restoring balance and harmonizing the body, mind, emotions and, can address spiritual growth.
- I practice traditional Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki.
How it can help:
- People seek Reiki for emotional or physical issues.
- Everyone’s Reiki experience can vary, some people feel heat, and others feel a cold sensation or tingling. Some people fall asleep, others may cry or giggle or, feel generally energized. Additionally, do not be concerned if you feel nothing – the Reiki is still flowing regardless of if you feel it or not.
- Reiki has the ability to open up many emotions but overall it provides peace, comfort, healing and relaxation – it raises your vibrations.
What to expect:
- Reiki is administered hands-on or with hands hovering over the body.
- It does not use any pressure, manipulation or massage.
- Reiki does not use the energy of the healer. The healer’s body and hands are an empty vessel or conduit for the universal energy to flow through to the recipient.
- Prior to the session we will discuss where you may be experiencing issues physically or if you are experiencing any emotional issues
- During the session I will lay my hands or hover them over different parts of the body that I feel drawn to send energy to.
- Reiki is ‘intelligent’ energy – it flows to where it is needed regardless of hand placement.